[Dailydrool] Snoopy, stop it!

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Thu Nov 7 14:44:43 PST 2013

Snoopy, I have a strict order for you: Don't do that to your mama. You
cannot know how many years you may have cut off her life.

I know, because I have been there. Dexter is my perfect boy. He (almost)
never gets into trouble--until the day he managed to get ahold of a bag
of dog food I left in the living room, figuring my hounds never got into
such things.

Everything was fine until I found a chewed-through bag on the floor (it
had been in a chair). Dex was overly fat and not so sassy, and he didn't
seem to be, shall we say, moving things along. Since he had eaten part
of one of those metallike bags, I was concerned. We landed in the ER one
night. (These things always come to a head at night, don't they?)

Thankfully the docs were able to give him some medication that got
things moving, or we would have had to do surgery.

Ever since then the food gets locked in the back hall as soon as I bring
it in. No opportunities for basset depredations.

I don't know how many years came off my life that day. I can only say
that if we didn't have bassets, I might live to a much older age. I
don't have all that many years to waste now, so I have to be careful.
Horton's heartworm treatment may take another few off my tally, so I
hope my guys stay out of food they shouldn't have.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets (that means I give the food,
guys)