[Dailydrool] going for the throat

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 15:39:18 PST 2013

This is an interesting topic, and one that never aroused concern in our house hold, and there have been many bickering arguments that drew blood, mostly ear related.  When Nigel and Max got into their recent squabble and Max had to postpone a chemo treatment, and he still had staples in his leg from his wound, when he finally got back to oncology, his Vet put him on the table and checked his neck area carefully because his concern was that in a dog fight, they go for the jugular.  His local vet didn't even do that.  I was impressed, and more impressed that my guys are usually pretty OK and never went for the jugular.  However,  this may be breed specific,  and/or spay and neuter related.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the still sad herd, and JP never bit anyone, and he was the alpha