[Dailydrool] Dear Conley

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 8 15:19:48 PST 2013

Hi Conley, Snoopy here,

Are you channeling Cyrus (ATB)?  Because man oh man do you sound like Cyrus.  I was her baby, she loved me the best, now some other breed of dog comes along and this isn't even really a dog, I can't play with this, what am I supposed to do with this short legged, floppy eared thing .... it won't even fetch.  Oh, how I tried.  I learned to love water.  I learned to fetch really, really good.  I tried to snuggle with him and all he would say is "at least you could have gotten a girl, I could have had some fun with a girl."  Yeah, right, then we got LuLu and if you think he had his way with LuLu guess again.

Cyrus never went for the throat but I have a scar on my snooter where I got in his face over some beef and he nicked me and I kept scratching at it and opening it back up and now I have a one inch scar on my snooter from him.  He sat outside for months.  In the rain.  The clueless momPerson would go and bring him in and he'd just go back out through the dog door.  And sulk.

After about 8 months we both decided she wasn't going to get rid of the other one.  She loved us both.  And we decided to love each other because it was important to her and frankly all our strife was over her and it was making her miserable.  I suggest you have a heart to heart with Doc.  He isn't going anywhere.  Neither are you.  She isn't going to stop loving either one of you.  And she will never ever admit to loving one of you more than the other one.  And, for your reference, long leggers are EXCELLENT accomplices .... just saying.

Good luck from Snoopy who watched Cyrus (atb) go through this and we were best friends in the end.

P.S.  good job scaring off the creeper .....