[Dailydrool] dixie is an opportunist

Nancy Cohen nursenancy4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 16:15:19 PST 2013

dixie, the basset/bloodhound mix we adopted from tri state is such a good
girl.  she wants to please, is very affectionate and once you tell her no
to something she remembers.  well, marty had a sub sandwich and the
doorbell rang.  i was not home, he pushed the sandwich back from the edge
of the table and you can guess what happened.  yup.....she jumped up and
helped herself........even shared it with einstein who is blind and
recovering from surgery.  she got yelled at, and i am confident that won't
happen again.  when we first got her, i had to hand feed her because she
wouldn't eat, and now she is a chow hound, eating her meals, and whatever
einstein leaves over, and then whatever she can beg.  she is no longer
emaciated.  i am so glad she is part of our family.  nancy, einstein and
dixie