[Dailydrool] TSBHR Howliday Party

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Tue Nov 19 13:47:46 PST 2013

I've sent this everywhere else and just remembered it would be great to
share it with the Drool.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets and the chief Howliday Party elf.

Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue’s 14th Annual
Howliday Party!!
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
2:00PM – 6:00PM
Wescosville Social Hall | 958 Brookside Road , Wescosville, PA 18106
Come join us for an early evening celebration of the Howlidays and
Tri-State's mission of rescuing homeless Basset Hounds.

If you've never been to the Howliday Party before, be ready to have a
great basset-focused time. This is an opportunity to make new friends or
greet old ones in the basset community.

If your hound likes to eat everything in the house, join in the contest
to see which hound will eat the most unusual foods that aren't regulars
on basset menus. Let your dog taste test the Bow Wow buffet before you
enjoy the International Pot-Luck Buffet. And don't forget to post what
dish you plan to bring to the party on Tri-State's Facebook page or here
on Yahoo. From the foods that are already promised, we can be sure you
won't go home hungry!

Need an idea on what food to bring? Consider a family favorite, a quick
appetizer, a salad, finger food, or if you are cooking challenged, bring
cold cuts and the fixings that go with them, a bag of rolls, a case of
water, or other beverages. We need them all, and everyone will enjoy
them.

Tri-State's raffle table is always stupendous, but we still need
donations. Contact Cathy Larsen at 631-664-4066 for more information.
Remember, the raffle raises money that helps the homeless hounds! Let
Cathy know what you are bringing or just bring it along to the event and
make sure it gets to the raffle table on time. Both basset and nonbasset
items are welcome.

We also have a 50/50 and the Sir Bentley Art Raffle. The winner of the
Sir Bentley Raffle will receive a certificate to have one hound modeled
in clay. (See examples on Facebook by searching for Sir Bentley Art.)

Don't forget to bring a gift (or gifts, if you have more than one
basset) for the Santa Paws Gift Exchange. Place gifts under the Howliday
Tree and, at the end of the party, take one for each gift you brought .

Now that we'll have a Santa suit transport, our Santa will be ready to
sit down for a portrait with your hound (or hounds). Photos will be
uploaded to our Facebook page and Web site for printing.

Nowhere else will you find wonderful basset items like the ones in the
Tri-State store. This year Sue Mason has added a Memory Tree that will
honor the hounds who have gone to the Bridge. For a $20 donation, Sue
will provide you with a special ornament that can be hung on the tree
during the party and go home with you at its end. Bring a picture no
more than 3" x 4" to place in the dog-bone shaped ornament, or Sue will
write your dog's name in the frame, and you can choose a picture when
you get home.

Be a Basset Angel and trim the Howliday Party's Tree of Life with a
paper ornament you can fill with cash or a check donation to help the
homeless hounds in the kennel.