[Dailydrool] Returning home after a ten days away

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 14:16:37 PDT 2013

I returned home late last night after ten days away. the first four days we had an in home dogsitter who observed the hounds'usual routines. These last six days, the DH took over, and wowie zowie have things changed (for the better!) At the moment, I have two perfectly behaved, undemanding hounds, who do not demand, do not bark, and both (including Bo the demented commander in chief not only of the PBF but of this household) sleep through the night without a sound!

How has this miraculous change taken place? DH has left the boys at a doggie daycare for nine hours a day every day. There are probably two dozen dogs there each day. so no daytime sleeping for anybody takes place. The boys have been cut from four meals a day to two, for DH,s convenience. And the schedules have changed. DH feeds them "when he feels like it, but not until he's been up for at least an hour--and he rises different times on different days, and then just before he goes to bed--which is also at different times, And the meals are correspondingly larger. At daycare, persistent barking earns a squirt of water from a spray bottle.

we can't afford to have them in daycare every day (and I like their company since I work from home). I wonder how long it will take for me to corrupt them again. but I have to share this miraculous turn of events.

at the moment, both are giving me the cold shoulder. I also don't know how long that will last--usually they are my shadows. But again, wowie zowie!