[Dailydrool] Seating in the living room

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 30 22:00:24 PDT 2013

Hi all, Dale here,

First off drool to all in need.  These changing seasons sure to make for sore joints in slaves and hound dogs alike.

I often think to myself, just 3 short years ago we were a labrador family.  No bassets in sight.  When one cold January day ..... our lives turned upside down.  And as time went by we forgot entirely the days when dogs were not allowed on the couch, and only the foot of the bed.

These days the best spot in the bed is with the hounds head on the pillows right in between mom and dad.  Gracie knows if it is Tuesday morning (the housekeepers come in on Tuesday) and she knows she is allowed under the covers on Tuesday mornings and she'll come up around 3AM and snuggle down under the covers into my belly ....

And then tonight I was sitting on the couch with LuLu on one side of me and Gracie on the other and Greg was sitting in the recliner and Snoopy came in.  He walked over and sniffed a dog bed, then turned and looked at me with the girls and then turned and looked longingly at Greg in the recliner.  And Greg got UP and moved to another chair!!  And then get this .... Snoopy walked over, thought about it .... and then he genstured to Greg to get back in his chair and jumped up on the ottoman and put his head on my knee.

Bassets are the most amazing creatures.  More humanity than most humans.  Not a dog exactly, I still think it's more of an extra terrestrial done up (and rather poorly I might add) to look something like a dog.

More later from the clueless momPerson who just loves her bassets Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie