[Dailydrool] Several things

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Sep 5 22:39:54 PDT 2013

Hi all, this is the Mama along with Sister Holly and Sister Wicked Bebe.  We
all want to send prayers and drool (okay not me, I rarely drool!!) and soft
snooter kissies to everyone who has lost a hound recently, there have been
so many that we have lost track.  We have already sent love and prayers to
Dawn Jackson and her family, it's so sad to lose one of our Drool friends.

Change of subject - Sister Holly is doing okay but not great, her back is no
longer hurting her or giving her problems, but her back legs are now much
weaker than before, so she flops over a lot, and she has trouble getting
into her chairs without help.  I have to be very careful about how far she
walks so she doesn't have a back pain flare-up. I take this as kind of a
warning of what will eventually happen with the back legs, so we are trying
to make every day the best it can be (without getting crazy).

NTBHR (North Texas Basset Hound Rescue) has had a bonded pair of seniors in
foster for about 5 months now, and they are both safe with cats (gotta be
here, we have 4 cats), so NTBHR brought them out to visit several weeks ago,
and it went very well.  Right now it looks like they will be coming to live
with us in the next week, I'll keep you posted.  This will mean 4 Bassets at
our house, 3 seniors and 1 crazy wicked Bebe.

The reason we're doing this now is I got to thinking about Sister Holly.
She's 14 and is starting to have health issues, and there's no way of
knowing how long she'll be with us, hopefully another year or two, but who
knows.  Then I thought about Crazy Sister Bebe the Wicked, who is 5 or 6,
and whose brains have not all showed up yet.  And I thought, do I really
want to wait until Holly is gone to bring in another dog?  And let Sister
Wicked show the new dog or dogs the ropes?  Nope, I would much prefer they
learn from Sister Holly, who is an almost perfect dog (points off for cat
poop eating) and a joy to be around.  So Brother Baxter and Sister Bonnie
(which will change to Sister Bunny because I actually have a two-legger
sister named Bonnie) are going to be coming to our house this weekend.
Everyone keep fingers and paws crossed that it goes well.  Mostly we worry
about the cats being safe, so please send "don't chase the cats" drool.  We
will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net