[Dailydrool] Several things

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Sep 6 05:46:52 PDT 2013

Anita:
Drool is headed to your Holly the Dolly from the Dashing Bassets, including our Holly Dolly. We hope that things go well for her for a long, long time, but we know how it is with seniors and with wild bassets and know that it's a good time to get in some socialization in your household.

Our Holly is not surprised that yours is nearly perfect, since she feels that all Hollys are perfect, her own flaws notwithstanding.

My theory with dogs is that I "allow" them two flaws. Our Holly also enjoys poop eating of all sorts. Her second flaw is that she will lie in the major house pathways where everyone walks and give Dexter, our blind boy, a hard time when he tries to walk by her. Since he has gotten his nose bitten several times, he is now very nervous when he gets near to her. I would happily retrain her on this, if I had a clue how to do it, but I can't really blame her for not wanting to be run into by a blind dog who sometimes seems to do it intentionally. Of course even if he avoids her, her theory is to do until him before he can do unto her.

Does Dexter have a flaw? He loves the world and wants to be petted by any human in it. So he will bark at people to get their attention. He also prefers to stay outside when the mama wants to bring everyone in. (Pretty minor flaws, I think.)

Horton is also nearly flawless. He does bark at any dog or human who walks by us, especially when we are near home. When I lift Dexter off our bed, he insists on standing just under him.

No basset is perfect. If your Holly has only one flaw, I think you can count her as being virtually flawless. You are blessed indeed!
Pam, food slave to the almost perfect Dashing Bassets