[Dailydrool] Bassets are a fire hazard

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 12:53:30 PDT 2013

I was out walking Skye the Sheltie this morning and came back to the
apartment to find the smoke alarm going off and the place full of smoke.
Apparently Pebbles turned on a burner. I thought she had done this once
before but put it down to my own forgetfulness. This time there was a
coconut cake sitting on top of the burner and the plastic and paper bottom
were melting. I came in just as small flames were shooting up around the
burner. I got the cake mess off and put doused the flames with water. There
is a ledge on the stove that has the burner knobs on it. She gets her paws
up there all the  time trying to get a whatever is on the stove. She must
have gotten one of her heavy paws on the knob and turned it as she hopped
down. To turn the burner on you need to press down on the knob. My messy
kitchen is even more of a mess with burned stuff on the stove, counter and
floor. I am hoping to salvage the top layer of the cake. The apartment is
still airing out. Coconut cake is my favorite and I rarely buy an entire one
but I am a bit stressed out at the moment and it seemed like a good idea at
the time.

Anybody know how to get burnt plastic off a burner pan? This one is gray and
special to the stove. OY! What is going to happen next.

Drool to all in need of it.

Leah the stressed out slave to Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound, Maggie ATB and
Skye the visiting Sheltie