[Dailydrool] Walking nightmares

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 11 11:17:27 PDT 2013

Anita I feel your pain!!

Gracie will walk along nicely and then see something and PULL, dodge, oh .... she's the dickens.

LuLu walks along like the sweetest thing ever and when we walk past a person she will occasionally LUNG at them and she HAS mouthed strangers so I have to stop and make her sit to ensure she behaves.

Snoopy is possessed.  He lunges, screams, ahroooooooos, pulls like a tow truck, you name it, he does it .... and it is not pretty.

Now, Snoopy actually has a fan club in the neighborhood.  For whatever reason, children realize he isn't being aggressive and won't hurt them so there he will be, screaming, lunging ahrooooooo'ing like a demon dog and very small children will laugh and charge right over to him and he is just the sweetest, gentlest thing when they get close he has NEVER EVER knocked a child over nor even come close, he plays with little toddling babies and is just so sweet and gentle but LOUD, oh my goodness and PULL ..... oh dear lord ...

Which brings me to a story about the DH which happened a few days ago.  I never walk more than 2 dogs at a time, because none of these dogs are perfect.  So I had taken LuLu and Gracie and Greg decided to do me a favor and take Snoopy.  The girls and I came home, no DH and no Snoopy.  So we figured they were on a walk.

Then they came home.  Both of them were really upset.  Snoopy jumped up on the couch and wouldn't speak to anyone.  Harumph.  And Greg was really upset ..... Snoopy was pulling and ahrooooo'ing .... yes, he always does that.  And then Greg said "well there were these little girls on scooters and when they saw Snoopy they started running towards him and he started to ahrooooooooo and pulll ..... well I yanked him out into the street and it was all I could do to control him, he was trying to get at those little children and they were smiling and laughing and waiting on the sidewalk .... I just don't understand what their parents were thinking, it took all my strength to pull Snoopy out into the street and past them!!!"

Oh Greg!!  Those girls and Snoopys very best friends and they play this game every single night on his walk.  They charge straight for each other, Snoopy won't jump on them and they know it.  Snoopy was ahroooooo'ing his friends and they wanted to play with him and it was ok with their daddy who has seen it many times but Snoopy's daddy made a big fuss and acted like Snoopy might hurt the children and apparently did some yelling too.

I haven't seen the kids since.  It's been several days.  They always come out when we walk past their house and Snoopy ahroooos for them, but not the last couple of days after this happened.  Poor Snoopy.  Poor kids.

More later from the clueless momPerson who understands Snoopy (sort of)