[Dailydrool] Walkies (multiple)

Beverly Szaton bevzap at comcast.net
Wed Sep 11 11:21:52 PDT 2013

I no longer walk two Bassets at once, altho I can walk a Basset and a
Belgian together, since the Belgian is actually easier to handle, having
higher center of gravity. Two big Bassets lunging at something will
dislocate your shoulder.

I no longer walk on Flexis. As much fun as dogs have on them they are
dangerous. The further away your dog is the harder it is to reel him in or
reach him in an emergency. If you fall and drop the handle it is apt to
spook even a Basset, who is afraid of the handle bouncing behind him.(I
used to wear a wrist band connected to the Flexi handle so that even if
(when) I fell I still had the handle.
I know of two dogs who lunged into the street wearing flexis and got killed
by cars.

I use a Sporn Coupler. You can walk two dogs of totally different sizes,
they never get tangled, and you hold one leash.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc