[Dailydrool] Part 2- Wild Thing…you make my heart sing-NOT!

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Thu Sep 12 09:35:13 PDT 2013

Hee, hee.  I, Huggie Bear, am what I like to refer to as a free range basset. The slaves and XB simply could not believe the amount of mischief that one skinny little red and white hound could get up to. I was the pre Miley Cyrus, wild and untamed (I believe XB referred to me as “uncivilized”). XB, who was the personification of the “perfect puppy”, was horrified by my antics even though she did feel compassion for me. From birth she had slaves who adored her, a dog walker during the day, plenty of food and treats, a basket full of toys, soft beds everywhere and most importantly a lap whenever she wanted. She felt very bad that all I came with was a half-eaten, too small bed and a single filthy stuffed toy. I do have to admit she was very willing to share. Although the slaves had changed my name to Huggie Bear, I thought my name was “No, No, Bad Dog!  or Leave It! or possibly even, Out! Out! Right Now!” I blame some of this on the language barrier. The slaves didn’t know Spanish, I didn’t know English and since they were hampered by being, well…them, I was the one that had to learn English. We slowly got to know each other and I’ll never forget the day the slaves picked me up after I was spayed.  They now had to decide whether I would stay or be put up for adoption. Well, the dadslave climbed in to the back seat of the car with me and with a little catch in his voice declared, “She’s NOT going anywhere!” The rest is history. Next I’ll provide some examples of the naughtiness that came with living with the “Hugmonster” and how before I was a year old led me to be welcomed into the Order Of The Evil Basset Empire and designated the OEBE Savage.

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121