[Dailydrool] Einstein and also the old days

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Thu Sep 12 18:29:40 PDT 2013

Nancy, I have Chester, who is not only blind, but has horrible allergies, so his sense of smell is seriously lacking, too. He does very well. He kind of walks along the walls (which means more washing them, but that's OK). He does get thrown off by misplaced furniture, but if my son leaves a bar stool out or something, Chester just kind of walks into something  (he is slow, so he doesn't konk himself, ever) and then changes course a bit. We also had Sasha, who was blind from diabetes, and she did well, too. There is a blind dog group on Yahoo that was very helpful when Sasha first went blind. Tips like put a throw rug at the top of a stair--etc. If you can't find them, let me know and I will try to send you the link.

Also, just want to say again how much fun the Bugler is. Riche Campbell has done this publication for years. Used to be mailed, and mostly show information. Now they are emailed, and more general stuff  and rescue included. Although they still have show stuff. I love the new ones, but Riche is sending out old ones as a "bonus" right now. The one I received today is priceless. I loved it. First, it had a lot about show bassets and had some elaborate pedigree charts . All the dogs' names are so super fun and creative and I am saving it for when I need to name a new guy. Also, there was an article about someone complaining about wearing dresses in the show ring and hoping they would come around and allow pants suits. (This one is fall of 1970.) This was complete with pictures of pantsuits from the '70s. Good heavens, that one article was worth way more than the $6.00 it costs for a year of the publication. Seriously. Just made me laugh. Love it, Riche. Thank you for sending the old ones, and it is so great you have done this for 40 plus years. Really a history of the basset world.

Marilyn Briggs