[Dailydrool] Floors and season forecaster

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 20:08:24 PDT 2013

First off drool to all in need.

On the topic of bassets and floors, we have always had either hardwood or laminate and tile. Of all three laminate seemed to be the more slippery of the three. Tile seems to be the boys preference. Perhaps because it is cooler and they don't slip as much. Our tile has somewhat of some texture which I believe helps a lot where slickness is concerned. Because the DH has severe allergies carpet is simply not an option for us, but I can't say I regret not having it. This two drool all over the place and it makes drool cleaning and hair shedding much easier to pick up. I've only had to clean poo and vomit on rare occasions and each time I'm glad we have tile.

On a totally different note, I wanted to share that Speedy is a weather forecaster. I can tell when fall and spring is nearing based on his sleep schedule. In the summer he is go, go, go bright and early in the morning. Once there is a hint of fall he refuses to get out of bed and prefers to have his breakfast served there was well. Most of the time I oblige as he seems so warm that it's heartbreaking to make him move. It has taken me 6 years to realize Speedy changes his sleeping habits in the fall and spring. Dense much? Perhaps, but still I'm quite surprised to notice this, especially since its still very warm in So Cal. Does anyone else have a season forecaster or is Speedy alone on this one?

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE (hey women, my bed needs afixin')
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo (can we go play fetch now)