[Dailydrool] Rupert's at the Vet

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 14:23:10 PDT 2013

Rupert is currently at the vet for a dental and nail trim.

For several months he has been sensitive to being, for lack of a better
word, knocked in the nose. Of course we never hit him, but occasionally he
will be bumped in the face or maybe tapped while playing and he reacts very
strongly as if he was punched in the face rather than just slightly tapped.
So in June we found a sore on his gum and thought it could be the problem.
But after a vet visit and antibiotics, the sore went away and the
squeal-upon-facial-tapping continued. So today he is getting the full works
teeth cleaning. I am very hopeful that they find the cause of his pain, and
that it is nothing more than maybe a bad tooth. His breath is absolutely
rotten, so it very well could be a tooth.

Rupert hates going to the vet. We literally have to drag him into the
building. Plus, he couldn't eat past midnight last night so no breakfast
this morning made for an angry little bear. Then to top it off, he had to
be at the vet at 9 this morning but the dental didn't start until 130 which
meant 4 hungry hours in cage at the place he absolutely despises. Yikes, I
have a feeling he'll make us pay when he comes home!

A little drool for his mouth would be appreciated. Really hopeful that
there is nothing major going on in his little mouth/nose. I am looking
forward to pain-free face bumping, hahaha, and some breath that is
tolerable since the kid tries to share my pillow every night.

Drool to all in need,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert