[Dailydrool] APHIS bill

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 19:49:29 PDT 2013

Beverly et al.,
    All of the ins and outs of this new rule can be viewed at http://www.akc.org
Here is the ludicrous part--how in the HELL is the federal government going to monitor and inspect all the hundreds of thousands of people who sell pets via the internet??????  How can they even have the man power to cover one state much less 50 states???  No way it can happen.  They will never stop the hobby breeder because they have absolutely no way of knowing with any accuracy just how many people breed dogs and cats and so call pocket pets in this country.  Just puppy finder alone will keep them busy for years!!!
    I also want to know to why the reptile breeders and exotics breeders are exempt????  They should also be accountable especially for the effect they are having on the environment when their animals are released into the wild by their buyers.  We all know the problem we are having here in Florida with the foreign snakes and reptiles and their impact on the indigenous animals and environment.
    I think this may have less impact on hobby breeders then we think unless AKC is forced to turn over their breeders records.  Remember AKC also has its own group of federal lobbyists.   The AKC makes big bucks protecting the rights of pure bred dog breeders.
    Read all about it and decide for yourself on the AKC website.
Marie Campbell

Man Plans ~ God Laughs