[Dailydrool] Jeesh! What the heck got into mom?

D Schneider spitfire8000 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 01:24:28 PDT 2014

Murphy here. Jeesh! Mom had the first of us in the tub by 8am. We heard the water running and we all laid real low and quiet but she found us - me, my brudder Winston, and our Brussels sister Pearl. When she grabbed Pearl and washed and blow dried her we thought it was all over, BUT THEN..... I knew I was done when she grabbed Winston, unless maybe she would tire out and I's not so smelly as Brudder Winston. But she had dad pick me up and put me in the tub. I then realized she had taken a pain killer for her toof surgery this week which helped her back a bit too. Must find those and hide them.

Next thing we knew we were all in an Ex-pen in the back yard while her and dad pulled the pen down in the front yard. Now we is in the back yard. Now I ask you how are we going to bark in the back yard at what we can't see in the front yard? Now me, I hardly bark but Pearl and Winston are yappy. Pearl even tries to bay like us bassets. She thinks Winston is cranky but she says he is so smart - teaching her all sorts of nervy things because he is the boss of the world he thinks. Hmmph. Everyone knows I am the gentle leader of the world. He sometimes he makes me crazy. He wanted to do the basset 500 after our bath and I am getting too old to do that after me bath but I will always do it for dinner.

Anyways mom was smiling all day. I thinks we have to find those pills. She's not driving so she's messing with our status quo and doing toooo much thinking. Now that I think of it, dad was home all morning which hardly ever happens as he works a million hours and him being home makes her smile. I likes to wake him up at 5am on Sunday mornings to make breakfast. He resists but I am a basset after all and very tenacious. I think I may wake him up at 4:30 this morning hee hee but will be very careful not to wake mom as we took a vote and don't want to get her started. Love always as I am a lover boy, Murphy.