[Dailydrool] Molly Bob and Cancer

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 08:00:17 PDT 2014

I have not been on the DD for a long while now, lurking yes, but for the past two weeks I have really not wanted to know that dogs
    were going to the Bridge, It hurts and it hurts even worse when you are told that
    your beloved Basset Hound that is not even 10 years old yet
    has weeks left, maybe a month, two if things slow up a bit.
    She started to visibly show she was losing weight, Mind you, she was my chunky
    girl, she, like me had no waist. Them it seemed like in just weeks she had a waist,
    I could fell her spine. she had had a physical in early January, and a dental with a full blood
    workup the end of February. with nothing showing up.
    So this days when I took her to the vet, I remembered my boy Sherlock atb, when he was suffering from
    congenital heart issues and how he huffed and puffed like she was doing,
    My husband and I also noticed she was acting a bit lethargic like our Rex atb when he had spleen cancer.
    I was prepared for the worst or so I thought,
    when I saw the xray and saw the HUGE mass sitting in her chest in front of her heart, pushing it back and
    starting to create fluid, not enough to drain, that is not the worst part, this tumor is pushing her trachea off to one side
    making it quite tough to breath,
    It cannot be aspirated
    She is now on Prednisone to hopefully hole this at bay, and or slow it down. I also have her taking fish oil these too seem to be helping her, She has good times and bad times Her breathing is sometimes so deep, she looks gaunt.
    I know she will let me know when the time is here.
    I sleep out in my recliner so she is not alone at night.
    So we are taking this situation one day, one hour at a time.
    Please hold my girl in your hearts as she goes through this D*** "C" that is so NOT fair.
    Martha and Molly Bob Digger