[Dailydrool] stray dog dellemia

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 26 19:51:51 PDT 2014

Once, in a horrific rain storm, I captured a stray, gave her meager comfort in a tent like fixture that was not so water proof, called animal control, and when they came to pick her up, I had to sign a paper that she would be put to sleep if her family didn't find her or she wasn't rescued.  This was hard for me to do, I signed the paper and the agent knew how bad I felt about it.  She called me later to say this dog was a repeat offender, and the parents were required to do a rabies shot or they don't get her back.  They agent who called me knew I would save this dog if the owners were ready to discard her.  My feeling, do, as much as one can without being a law breaker.
Jackie