[Dailydrool] food games

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 20:57:26 PDT 2014

Mila has decided it is fun to play games around her dinner. here is her latest one. I feed Harley in the kitchen and Mila in the livingroom since Mila was a bit food aggressive when she arrived here.  Now she is not food aggressive--she is a food tease. dinnertime. I set both bowls down. Harley goes to his and eats his dinner. Mila goes to hers and checks to make sure there is food in it and then goes and hides--sometimes outside the front door, sometimes on the back lanai, sometimes behind the couch. she can see her bowl from all three locations. so she watches and waits. After he has finished his dinner, Harley ambles into the livingroom and goes over to inspect Mila's dish. as soon as he is within a dog's length of her bowl, Mila leaps from her hiding place and comes galloping at full speed, roaring, at Harley. (this behavior would have terrified Bo, but Harley just looks at Mila as if to say, "What?"). Harley ambles away and Mila digs into her dinner with relish.

I have no idea what is so fun about this to Mila, but clearly she enjoys the game.