[Dailydrool] Llewis

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:15:29 PDT 2014

Last night when I left the room to go to bed in the grown=up bedroom,
Llewis was asleep on my bed, Doc was sprawled by a bookcase and Conley, who
gets into trouble, was in his crate.
Usually the two loose boys get me up at about 1 to go out. At 1 I awoke and
laid there, waiting. Nothing, nobody. I went happily back to sleep.
I woke up at 3. I listened for dogs rustling around and heard nothing.
Somewhat confused and a little concerned, I went back to sleep. I certainly
wasn't going to get them up.
At 4 I awoke because that's when I usually wake up and found John awake and
staring at the ceiling. He, too had been awake off and on all night,
waiting for dogs to get us up with demands to go outside.
I laid there for a few minutes and knew what had happened: during the
night, Llewis had perished. Doc would wait there forever waiting for him to
get up. Oh crap. I wasn't sure I could stand losing Llewis so soon after
his brother...but I got up and headed for the dog room and with every step
I was more convinced that I would find Llewis cold and stiff. When I got
out here Doc was up and waiting in the doorway. Llewis was pancaked into
the bed just as I had left him. Braced now for the touch I put my hand on
Llewis's head. His tail thumped happily and he lifted his nice, warm head
and gave me a big Llewis goodmorning. OH! What a nice start to the day!
Everyone is fine except I am still trying to get my heart back into it's
normal pattern....
Goodmorning to everyone. May your day start as well as mine.

MomPerson to Llewis, Conley and Doc