[Dailydrool] Miss Mulligan and the Vet

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:51:54 PDT 2014

Poor Mully just doesn't like going to the Vets.  I can't really blame her
after all her heart worm treatment.  She's somewhere between 2 and 3 and
wakes up limping every morning, usually the right front side.  The vet
thinks it's likely her elbows.  Our vet does acupuncture. So we took her in
to see if it would help, plus be a positive experience of being gently
rubbed and loved in a soothing office.  She decided to try and bolt and
jumped off of the couch (in the comfy office) and whacked her head on the
bottom of the door.  There were 3 screws protruding from the door (formerly
part of a door stop system that had not been removed.)  Anyway, Mully
managed to tear a piece on her ear.  The Vet took care of the ear and then
we got her calmed down enough to actually almost sleep during the
treatment.  Of course she re-opened it on her own the next day.

Anyway, back to the original problem.  If this is her "elbows" what can we
expect?  Is there treatment/ medication out there to help?  Given her young
age, I worry how much worse this can get.