[Dailydrool] Howling Hound Acres update

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 12:24:33 PDT 2014

Hello Drool family. First off, condolences and heart healing drool to all whose precious hounds have made their journeys to the rainbow bridge. We are still missing Colt big time hear at the farm. He was such a huge presence and my big snuggle boy. Xander is helping to fill my snuggle void.  He loves to be snuggled...maybe even more so than Colt did. Sometimes Xander snuggles in so close that I think that if he could cut me open and crawl inside me that he would. Ruger is doing well with adjusting to life without his brother and he and Xander are warming up to each other more and more each day.  They have been playing together more as each week goes by.  Xander is adjusting well to farm life. He is doing well with his door boundary training, and I am doing better with his potty training. He doesn't ask to go out...so I have been better at reading him. He is only 19 months old...so still a bit of a puppy yet and gets very excited on first outs in the morning and when I get home from trips out to run errands. So excited in fact that he forgets why he is going outside because he is either to busy celebrating my return or sniffing the morning air with all the smells of the still lingering night smells.  I have to let him outside, and again about 15 minutes later once he settles down from all the excitement. We also have to do the double potty outs after meals.  He has put on a little bit of weight since coming home with us.  He was very skinny when we brought him home, I think that he had to compete for his food because he eats so fast and Eva, his rescuer said that he was 1 of 7 hounds at his previous home. No completion here because I stand in the room with both dogs to ensure that everyone minds their table manners and only eats out of their own bowl.   He still eats fast, so I'm going to have to try putting his food in a muffin pan to try to get him to slow down. With trying to get weight on him we are trying to slowly and naturally get him to a healthy weight with good quality food, at a quantity that a hound the size he should be should be eating and with good amounts of play and walks. He loves his and Ruger's walk aka sniff abouts, or perimeter checks? If you would like to see the boyz, the moos, and other pictures from around the farm check out our FaceBook page...just search for Howling Hound Acres. It is a community page so you don't have to be accepted as a friend to view it. Lots of farm girl and farm hound love to all of you.
Michele, Ruger, Xander at Howling Hound Acres and Colt ATB
Sent from my iPawPad