[Dailydrool] Adventures

Sherry Carreon sherry.carreon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 14:03:54 PDT 2014

Well my two boys have discovered the joys (in their opinions) of baby bunnies. Yep the little cannibals. We live in the country on 10 acres, mostly wooded, but enough clear land that hubby can take them on their daily walks. Our property is not completely fenced, so their walks are on leash only, they are never allowed off leash. It is basset heaven, just on leashes. Anyway, Phil has areas he avoids due to our deer herd, baby bunnies, raccoons, foxes, squirrels are various other creatures. Well some misguided mommy decided to stash her babies in the middle of the dog path. Just not smart. Phil had no idea there were baby bunnies until JR was chomping down, now he has to be very careful with our JR. JR is a Guardian Angel rescue who was very, very badly abused (burn marks on his back tell his story), and is terrified of almost everything, but especially tall dark men, my husband is 6 feet, 180 pounds and has a strong Hispanic heritage. Now his momma is short, fat and blonde, he loves his momma. We are making great strides with JR, but still a long way to go. From a basset that was afraid to go on walks, who now joins his brother in demanding his walks.  So, Phil let JR enjoy is treasure, and was able to stop Sherman from getting close enough to get a bunny. Not an easy trick. So, while JR was very proud of himself, Sherman was in a snit the remainder of the afternoon. He totally ignored Phil, picked the furthest rug to lay on away from Phil and turned his back to him. He stayed mad for the longest time.

Of course now Phil has a heck of a time steering the boys away from that particular area on their walks and will continue to do so until he is sure momma rabbit has removed her babies.

Well that was the adventure of the Carreon gang last week. Been a slow week.

Sherry, Sherman and JR

Sent from my iPad