[Dailydrool] Advice for raising orphan puppies

Bonnie Harlow blessedbassets at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 15:11:29 PDT 2014

I would like to locate anyone who has had experience with raising orphan pups (mama died). We had a tragedy with our mama and are hand raising a litter of precious sweet puppies. I have a wonderful vet with all sorts of medical help, etc. and 10 years of experience raising Bassets but this is a totally different situation. I found that I need to talk with someone who has actually done this enormous 24/7 job. I have gotten some great practical advice and help from someone who did successfully raise a litter of St Bernard pups but they were a bit different situation due to their size, etc.. Would love to talk to a Basset person (or really anyone) who has any advice or info. to share. I would welcome any practical advice from someone who has "been there". My darling babies are just two weeks old and are doing well but we have a long way to go yet and I truly want to see them grow into big healthy Bassets !! The drool is always a place full of kindness and very practical help....really appreciate all you do !!
Thanks so much,
Bonnie for Blessed Bassets blessedbassets at gmail.com
feel free to contact me by my email instead of the drool digest