[Dailydrool] hot spots?

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:42:41 PDT 2014

Hi Shannon
If you have open, weeping hot spots, you probably just need to break down
and let the vet prescribe prednisone. Ask the vet about antihistamines, a
good topical spray and shampoo. You can get a secondary infection in the
hot spot amazingly fast. Beauford used to get them all the time. I had him
allergy tested. He now gets desensitization shots. He takes benadryl. I
bathe him every 7-14 days. I use genesis spray if he starts scratching, and
if that doesn't do the trick, he gets a little prednisone. Last year he
took a total of 4 pills. So far this year he hasn't needed any, but fall is
his worst season. Feel free to email me back with any questions.
Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey,  and Brown the Fairy Princess