[Dailydrool] Nxciting news

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 2 08:35:10 PST 2014

Gumbo, rescued in February, has succeeded at all his tests, trials,
and tribulations, and he is now a school reading dog. He has been
assigned an elementary school a few miles from home and will start in
January. We'll visit once a week and will have four children, one at
a time. The children are told that they're helping to train Gumbo to
settle down; that's so there's no stigma attached to visiting the
dog. The program - www.barkdogs.org - provided me a rolling suitcase
with a blanket, bags of books labelled easy, medium, and hard (None
of the children read at grade level.) Gumbo has his scarf, I have a
shirt, we have custom I read with Gumbo bookmarks with Gumbo's
picture and story, stickers, and a paw print stamp. Gumbo loves kids.
(Maybe because they're so short?) Can't wait to get started. I was
told there's another Basset in the program. Diesel, are you on the Daily Drool?

Sabrina, Gumbo the reading dog, and Ellie