[Dailydrool] Marlene - tip to get pancreatitis dogs eating.

mi3cs at aol.com mi3cs at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 13:13:44 PST 2014

This needs to be OK'd by your vet.  The problem with pancreatitis is they don't feel better until they eat, and they don't eat because they feel like crap.  After trying everything else, I have used a one time dose of prednisone.  It's like doggie pot - a real appetite stimulant.  Often a b-vitamin complex injection will help too, but the pred has never failed me.   Just make sure what she does have access to is easy on the stomach for when it kicks in.