[Dailydrool] Marco amputation

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 9 08:05:51 PST 2014

Hi everyone.....it is with a heavy heart that I tell you our rescue Marco has to have his leg amputated.  I saw his picture online about 4 months ago and he was in the pound here in Florida.  I fell in love with his beautiful face.  He is mostly Basset with a little Beagle thrown in. When we were going to pick him up the doctor at the pound said he had been hit by a car and was seen dragging himself down the road. She said they would do an amputation since they didn't have an xray machine and we said no we would take him to our doc. He had surgery with our orthopedic vet and put 3 pins in. Since we didn't know how long he was like that the doc said we would try. He has been in a cast and having laser treatments to help the bone grow, It started to grow a little but hadn't really filled in. Yesterday he went to get his cast off and they did an xray and the pins had let go. Three months of crating him and carrying him everywhere and holding him up to go to
 the bathroom. The doc said it was too bad a break and the bones were to far away. All his ligaments were gone.The only choice was to amputate or put him down which is not an option, he is only 2. He is such a wonderful boy. I am asking for prayers and drool, he will have surgery tomorrow. Thank you all.

Saralyn Louie, Romeo and beautiful Marco