[Dailydrool] Alarm Clock

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 05:38:34 PST 2014

The dogs have learned (alas) that if I am really late getting up they can
do a howlathon and I will be serving breakfast in a heartbeat. It starts
with one little moan and is immediately picked up by the others, including
the black dog, whose falsetto is unmistakable. (It's better than it used to
be but howling is not his forte.)
Once I appear they stop but if I take more than a minute or two to get
their dishes back to them with food, Nigel starts this relentless peevish
barking: the tone is clear--"Hey Woman get that out here right now!"
I always have to stare him down. Oh yeah? Guess who eats last? I vary the
feeding as far as who gets fed first in a futile effort to convince them
that I am in charge. Yeah, uh hunh, we believe that.
Llewis is the only one who takes the time to say "Thank you".

MomPerson to the Four Little Pigs, Conley, Nigel, Doc and LLewis.