[Dailydrool] Chally bread and Horton

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Wed Feb 12 16:39:23 PST 2014

Holly Dolly checking in with the Drool. I hear there's something called
"Chally bread"--or is that Holly bread? Either way, I think it should be
mine, but the mama is really stingy with bread. She says it all makes me
itch because I am allergic to just about every grain in existence--along
with a lot of other things. I can't believe she will not let me even try
it. Mean mama! She tells me it's good, but I can't have it.

She is only letting me complain about the bread because I agreed that I
would ask the Drool to sling the stringy stuff for Horton. The little
guy is at the vet's having the second round of shots for heartworm, and
he's away for two days--hurrah, I say! I will have more peace in my
household. But the mama is funny about the silly little guy, and she is
asking the droolless humans to send prayers his way so that he will do
well with the nasty shots and will not get too upset at her not being
there. Mama found it very hard to let him go when he didn't want to
leave her to go to into the vet's kenneling area.

Mom also wants to tell people that, even if she doesn't write you to let
you know she's praying for your sick hound or the loss of one, she still
does it. Sometimes she just can't write about it. After losing three
hounds in one year, she just gets so overwhelmed at people who lose
their hounds to the Bridge that she finds it hard to write. She loves
you all, even if she doesn't get to send you a note. And she is praying
for Debbie, too, though she has not sent a card.

Holly Dolly, the real boss of the Dashing Bassets