[Dailydrool] Pebbles and Bile

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 14 03:54:42 PST 2014

Leah,
We have a few here that get the Royal Canin Gastro food for digestive
issues.   I also include a  scoop of Prozyme (digestive enzymes) (and
actually, everyone gets this with a meal)   and also the 2 on the Gastro
food,  get Famotidine or Pepcid, 30 minutes before they eat.  The Pepcid has
helped enormously for mine.    Plus we have 1 who does need to have a before
bed snack to be able to get through till morning without little bile urps,
so she gets a few biscuits around 10pm.  AT this time, what we are doing is
working.  Dog knows that can change in a heartbeat.

We send heart drool out to all who are needing it and  wish everyone a Happy
Valentine's Day....not just a couples day anymore!
Most special drool for our dear friend, Debbie and her family

Wen and the Bounders

Anybody have any ideas as to what I can feed Pebbles? She throws up bile at
times in the morning. She is on an antacid and gets it with food just before
bedtime. She was on Royal Canin Digestive food but started up again so it is
happening every 6-7 days. Since she is no longer on the bed it is not quite
the problem it was. I am trying on a hypoallergenic food - duck and potato-
but the vet thinks it is a case of inflammation. I did find a
peach/nectarine pit right next to where she throw up so maybe that was the
problem. Please do not recommend that I cook for her. It is hard enough at
times to cook for me. This has been an ongoing problem for the almost 3
years she has been with me. The vet checked her over, took blood and wormed
her a few weeks ago. All was normal. She feels fine and is as goofy as ever.
She was 8 on Oct. 7th.