[Dailydrool] forgot I was clueless, better ask

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 16 14:21:40 PST 2014

Hi all, me again,

So when I pulled Gracie a year and a half a go she had a bunch wrong (skinny, ingrown 4 inch nails, broken tooth needing extraction, unspayed and still with milk in her) but the one I'm asking about is this goldball sized cyst she had 3/4 of the way down her tail.  The vet said, no no don't remove that, tails don't heal well, I don't want to have to remove part of her tail so let me open it up and clean it out while she is under for .... somthing.  I don't remember which time they cleaned it out, they might have done it during the spay and AGAIN during the tooth removal but anyway she came home with a BIG flap of skin which filled with fluid, first blood colored and after that drained a few times a clear fluid.  It stabilized and the vet said she'd been fine, it was just a cyst.

Fast forward 18 month and last month I was petting Gracie and I noticed the small, residual "bump" had increased in size.  A couple days later I found a bunch of stuff all over her tail, it had burst.  So I cleaned her up with hydrogen peroxide and drained it for her a couple of times a day for a few days and it did the same thing on a much smaller scale.  First a blood colored fluid but after a couple days just a small amount of clear fluid and now it looks like a small pimple with a scab on it.  It doesn't need draining anymore.

Of course I kept it clean with hydrogen peroxide and I used neosporin on it a couple of times.  What, if anything, else should I do about it?  The erruption was much smaller this time and the residual is much smaller too ..... will it still come back .... in another year or two?

Thanks,
Dale