[Dailydrool] forgot I was clueless, better ask

melissa gibson magbjh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 13:04:35 PST 2014

My beloved Hanna had a nasty cyst on her tail that was fine for about ten years but finally exploded and she would not leave it alone long enough for it to heal. I ended up having her tail removed, she had about an inch nub left. I still feel horrible for doing it. She was 13 at the time and lived another three years. Now I have Buster who has cysts all over the place, they get big, burst, we squeeze all the grossness out and eventually they heal and scab over. He recently had one that was different and was still bloody and seeping after weeks. He went thru a course of antibiotics that didn't really help. So in we went and the vet said it was a sebacous cyst and usually they have to cut them out but instead we tried something new and they froze it, just like a wart. It is supposed to turn black and fall off in about ten days. I'll let you know how it turns out. It's not seeping anymore and it was relatively (seemingly) painless for him as opposed to
 going under anesthesia for removal. So I hope it works.

Melissa