[Dailydrool] Debbie & Jersey

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 05:38:04 PST 2014

I don't have any words to convey how sad I am about Debbie. I never
had the honor of meeting her but we stayed in touch regularly. I know
there's a plan here and we'll just have to wait and see how she
directs us to continue her passion of saving senior hounds. Some of
you have already taken a step forward in that endeavor with Debbie's
Dawgs. I know many of us can't pair up with a rescue hound right now
but I'm sure your hounds would be okay if you contribute their cookie
money to the fund to honor her. Debbie was such a special lady and I
know how pleased she would be that some of the seniors in rescue are
being helped like this.

Jersey is home. She wouldn't eat for the vet but chowed down when I
took in some chicken and rice Thursday evening so he decided she was
too depressed to stay there. He impressed on us how critically ill she
is with the liver failure but, as long as we can get her to eat and
drink, we can keep her home. So far so good. We did run back on
Friday. To make a long story short, about 45 minutes after I had given
her the two antibiotics she's taking, she started panting like she'd
run two miles and was shivering and shaking terribly. So I waited
about 15 minutes to see what would happen but things just seemed to be
getting worse. Off we went. Again...she apparently was having a
reaction one of the antibiotics so we have eliminated Cipro and she is
just taking Amoxicillin now. Along with a bunch of other things. And
we're going to give her some Tramadol. She's obviously been
uncomfortable sometimes and we aren't going to allow that. Cross your
fingers and toes but she had a good day yesterday and today is going
well so far so I know all the drool and good wishes being sent to her
is working!

I haven't been keeping up with the DD very well the past few days
other than briefly glancing at it. Like many others, I was looking for
a post about Debbie. I know some of you have lost your hounds over the
past few days and I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.
The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in
need along with prayers of peace from me.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger