[Dailydrool] back of the couch

Deborah Giordano deborahgiordano at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 08:02:46 PST 2014

Hi All,

I have been reading the dailydrool for many years, we have 2 bassets, male & female age 6 and 7.  Hoping someone has an answer to our problem.  My male basset climbs onto the top of the back of the couch/loveseat, while our female is content to sit as you or I would.  The problem is that the cushions are now tearing away from the back of the couch/sofa due to him lying up there all the time.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how or what to do to make him stop?  And please don't say 'train it out of him" cause that's not going to work.  We should have prevented this 5 years ago, but now he is used to doing this.  And even if he doesn't do it when we're home, everyone knows that the basset will lounge up there when we're at work!  Thank you for any suggestions/ideas/thoughts.
Deb
Mom to Nash & Sage(so very spoiled bassets)
ATB-Hudson, Lucie, Gladys-Maude, and Sophie bassets.