[Dailydrool] Fwd: APOQUEL

jfishel1500 at comcast.net jfishel1500 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 28 05:05:17 PST 2014

I just stopped by my vet's office to pick up some food for Rusty.  He asked how Rusty is doing and I told him that he's starting his annual itching.  He told me about a new medication (Apoquel) and said it looks very promising.  He said he doesn't have it in supply right now but will be calling me as soon as he receives his supply.  I'm the one who just last week asked if anyone on this list ever tried Healthy Goo, the peanut butter based substance that is supposed to help allergic dogs develop a tolerance to allergens (dust mites, grass, seasonal, etc.)  Rusty is now on his 4th container (started in Dec), and he's still licking his paws and scratching like crazy.  If it is working, it certainly seems to be a slow process.  To be honest, he seemed for fare better on it within the first 3 weeks of taking it.  But as time goes on, he's back to itching, scratching and licking again. I'm going to continue on until the container is completely gone, but probably won't be spending any more money on the product.  There are supposed to be 90 teaspoons in each container.  I give him 3 tsps. a day, but I can only seem to stretch 3 weeks out of a container, and I measure precisely.