[Dailydrool] Copper gone to the bridge

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 10 13:05:43 PST 2014

Dear Abby's momPerson,

Hi, it's Snoopy.  We are very sorry here at our house that you had to let your Copper leave for the bridge.  That is a very hard thing to do but it sounds like it was the right thing for him, poor boy.

I bet Abby is very confused and feels alone.  Hounds should not be alone you know, a hound needs at least one more hound.  Personally I recommend fostering.  You could probably get Abby someone to foster pretty quick ... lots of homeless hounds out there.  And if she really, really likes the foster then you could fail and keep it but if you and she aren't ready for that then you could just share your home and couch with your foster until somebody adopts them and then you could decide if you want another foster or to adopt a basset or what.

That's how we wound up with Gracie, we decided to foster after Cyrus up and left us one morning for the bridge.  Never did serve notice, just up and left early one morning so the clueless momPerson went down to the shelter and pulled two bassets and fostered one and sent the other one north on the underground basset railroad.  There's lots of bassets in lots of shelters and lots of volunteers drive the underground basset railroad mostly moving southern bassets north because there's too many bassets in the south and not enough in the north I guess.

Good luck and G-d bless from Snoopy who is very, very sorry for your loss