[Dailydrool] V-Day

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Fri Feb 14 19:59:58 PST 2014

Seizure.  They can be caused by a lot of different things.  I'd watch and
see how soon it is before it happens again, and mention it to the Vet next
time you are in.  Sister Anna had seizures about once every six months, hers
were caused by brain tumors.  A friend's dog (notabasset) has them every few
months with no discernible cause, probably epilepsy.  My Abby had congestive
heart failure, and a seizure is the sign that tells you it's time to let a
dog with congestive heart failure go.  I'd imagine the Vet will run some
tests to narrow it down, and as long as it is not a tumor, have you watch
and see how frequently the seizures happen.  There is medication they can
take for epilepsy, but most Vets don't want to use it until the seizures get
fairly close together.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net