[Dailydrool] singing to hounds

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 17 08:05:35 PST 2014

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer emeritus to Miss Angela Basset,
Dowager Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

I have noted with interest the reports of calming effects of singing to
anxious bassets.  The writers of these reports must not work, as I do,
for a music critic.   Miss Angela looks askance at me whenever I try to
sing to her.  If I use banjo accompaniment she gives me a stink eye
that is withering.  She loves to be petted as she settles into slumber
but makes it very clear that vocalizing--at least my vocalizing-- is not
at all welcome.

Bill  (Angela fell asleep to NPR for her post breakfast nap.  Go figure)