[Dailydrool] Singing

Joanne Coorlas jolet at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 15:07:10 PST 2014

When my sister was little she hated having her hair wished and would throw a wailing fit . Our mom made up a song we'd sing as we grappled with her in the tub. It was a slower tempo version of 'Skip to my Lou. First line:  'Wash-oh, Wash-oh, wash-oh babies hair...,' lol, my sister would kill me if she knew I was revealing this tidbit. I have used it for bath time with each of my dogs. It didn't help much with my sister and each dog has looked only mildly comforted. I also sometimes sing the lullaby that goes 'Sleep my child and peace attend thee' as they sleep and sang it as each has left for the bridge. I'm laughing and crying now because I have a terrible voice so not sure how much I helped!

Joanne and Hazel June