[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 09:11:07 PST 2014

Oh Pam! Poor Horton! We went through heartworm treatment with one of
our foster hounds and it is pretty brutal. I hope Horton is old enough
that he'll be willing to stay quiet without too much trouble. Our
foster hound was a young girl of two and wanted to play, play, play.
We tried crating her at first but finally gave it up because we felt
her heart was probably hammering along harder because of the anxiety
of not being with the other Houndettes than it would if we let her
loose and that's exactly what happened. We would let them play quietly
and stop things if they got too rambunctious but she really was better
off being with the rest of the Houndettes than she was when she was
isolated.

My Jersey seems to be stabilizing. We started the big steroid
treatment this week and she is handling it pretty well. I have Suzy
who is on medication for incontinence but still has to be let outside
three times more often than any normal hound so Jersey has stepped up
her pee schedule to match Suzy's. Fortunately, no accidents yet but I
can ride a mop with the best of them if I need to. She hasn't vomited
in a couple of days so that is certainly a step in the right
direction! Paws crossed but I am cautiously optimistic. Many thanks to
those of you who have emailed me privately with some wonderful
suggestions. I have a list of natural treatments that we will take
advantage of as time goes along and we know she is completely out of
the woods.

Bev, I loved the poem from the boyz! They (and you!) are very creative!

Marlene, I know you have some surgery coming up. I just wanted you to
know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I think of Debbie every
day too. I hate it that she's in the hospital but she is right where
she belongs to get better.

BaRCSE has recently taken in a tripod boy who is a beauty. He looked
pretty rough in the original pictures but his true handsome self came
out with a little help. His foster family is already in love with this
sweet guy and I hope people can see beyond the fact that he is missing
a back leg. It doesn't seem to bother him too much and he gets around
just fine. And he he heartworm negative! That is just a tremendous
gift!

Please everyone, lets all vote for Suncoast! We have proven multiple
times that the members of the DD are a force to be reckoned with and,
when we all have the same goal, we can make a huge difference for the
chosen rescue. I know Suncoast will make good use of anything they win
for the hounds so lets all help them out!

The Houndettes are slinging lots of get well and heart healing drool
to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger