[Dailydrool] bassets who snuggle

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 11 15:34:46 PST 2014

Thank you Dale, I have been meaning to write about Pierre Jr's exceptionally snuggle transformation for a while, but I never got over the speed bump to put it into words, especially because it was Jean Paul who taught him about love and affection for the mom slave, me.
I will jump over all the words that will make me cry, but Pierre Jr. learned well from JP, and every morning since JP passed, Jr. is my 15 minutes of snuggle love before we do first outs.  Even, many times during the night, he is huggy and cuddly with me almost all night long.He is my little space heater on a cold night to be sure.
This is a big transformation for him, as he is a rescue dog who had issues.  I got him when he was 9 months old, and we did a lot of training, and his trainer said never put your face near his mouth, and now he gives me loving face kisses.  He learned that from JP.
He will be five in Feb., and he has come a long way.  He is my best buddy, and I need him probably more than he needs me, but I expect it is a pretty close tie in that regard.  I thank  Ohio Basset Rescue all over again for letting him be my best boy, and a special thank you to Kathie M., his foster Mom, and a woman who does so much good for so many, hounds and humans included.
Healing drool to all in need, love and condolences for those who lost a love,
Jackie and the 24 paws