[Dailydrool] these lady dogs can be deceptive

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 18:35:36 PST 2014

this is Harley of Hawaii. So, we have this new lady dog houseguest, Mila, right? she's so shy and sweet and cooperative, fun to play with, right? So respectful and nice--visitors to the house say, Awww....how sweet. All true--but, dawg, does she have attitude when it comes to us boys and food. If my brother or I come within three feet of her when she's eating, just walking by to get to our own dishes or to exit the kitchen after a meal and she's not finished yet, well she launches herself like Godzilla at us! all teeth and rage. Our mom servant has solved the problem by feeding her in a separate room from Bo and me, and feeding her last. Bo and I have learned to stay well clear of her.  Bo seem dumbfounded by her shadow self. But then Bo is generally dumbfounded. I think I could take Mila in a one on one fight, but mom won't allow us to see. We are almost identical in size and weight, so it's not a sure thing, though I can be pretty forceful. And then, to top it off, if Mila finishes her dinner first, she has the nerve to try and worm her way into our bowls alongside us, making nicely-nice and shoving her nose in. Neither Bo nor I snap or do the Godzilla thing--Bo yields, and I just hunker down over the bowl so she can't get her little Snooter past mine, so mom stands guard. sheesh. so much for sugar and spice and everything nice--more like vinegar and hot peppers when it's mealtime with Mila. So much for daintiness and ladylike manners!

so many ill and to the bridge lately. We are sending loving drool to all. Harley and co.