[Dailydrool] Pierre is home

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:07:07 PST 2014

Wow, I forgot how sulky a basset can be.  I had not even finished paying for the visit, and Pierre charged to the exit, Ka pow ing the door open with his giant paws.  He didn't even acknowledge me.
Thinking he was desperate to pee, I brought him outside, but all he wanted was to get the heck out of there and into his BUV.  So I loaded him in, went back to pay, and when I got back to the van, I tossed him a treat, and I got the evil eye stare down and the curled lip snarl.
  I apologized with all my might, he ate the treat, and for the entire ride home (very short, 5 minutes), he told me of his horrific adventure in the whiniest  basset chat one can imagine.  He gave me the cold shoulder for about 20 minutes, but I think I am forgiven, and some high quality made in USA chicken jerky helped sooth his hurt feelings.
His medicines are Ursodiol, Amoxitabs and Denamarin.  The biopsy results will be back in about a week, and this is where we stand with the boy.  One day at a time.
Pumpkin MAY get to come home tomorrow.  I will call in the morning.  I hope she can come home, it has been almost a week of her being in a kennel, and I know she really wants out, but right now, she really needs rest and quiet.
Another day, another woof.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie, so glad the pup is home and the herd