[Dailydrool] Mornings with Speedy

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 19:36:41 PST 2014

I have always been one of the few lucky ones whose basset rather sleep in then get up to be fed. We used to do AM feedings at 6:15 AM before I left to work. In the winter this was a problem as Speedy hated to get up if the sun was not out and it would take me a good 5 minutes to convince him to get up at such an undoGly hour. Now that I'm home he has let me sleep until 8:30 AM then he resorts to whining and making pitiful noises. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering if this is what all you droolers that have bassets demanding 3, 4, 5 AM feedings go through. I can see that it would be hard to sleep through.

Today I actually got up before Speedy. I think he is getting used to the fact that I'm home now and there is no need to go on a pitiful whine to get fed. Eventually the momslabe is show up and feed, he would rather sleep thank-you-very-much. He also does this cute little dance that I need to get a video of. He does it each time he gets his food bowl at night. Now that the feedings are later in the morning, he is doing his dance in the AM too. I'm glad I can accommodate his AM feeding preference now.

Drool to all in need.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)