[Dailydrool] Clipping or Dremel

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 07:42:51 PST 2014

Dremels are great for dogs that put up with them and for people who
remember that the Dremel HEATS THE NAIL so you don't endlessly work on one
nail. Do a bit, move on, come back.
If your dog(and this is the unfortunate voice of experience) has long hair,
please wrap the end of the tail and the feathering near the foot with vet
wrap. Nothing is quite as exciting as catching a tail end in the Dremel and
then trying to extricate the dog without having to cut an inch off the tail.
Some dogs really cannot tolerate the Dremel, and others cannot be held
still that long.
I have both kinds and I have Dremels and clippers.
Some dogs can be taught to adore either. I had one.

For most of my boys I clip first and then Dremel.

MomPerson who is about to explode since she heard the latest snowfall
prediction. IS THERE NO END TO THIS??