[Dailydrool] Welcome to Georgia

Suzanne Dempsey csdempsey at charter.net
Wed Jul 2 11:13:02 PDT 2014

Welcome to the Georgia heat.  We live in Newnan, GA which is about 25
miles South of Atlanta.  We have three bassets, Belle, Beau and Bonnie.
I would say that a must have is a fenced in yard with a doggie door.  A
yard with trees would be nice and a back deck for the houndies to lounge
on. In our kitchen we have the laminate squares and the rest of the
house is carpeted.  We just had new carpet put in, we considered a wood
laminate, but our three bassets are 10 years old and we find that their
rear ends tend to slip out from under them on slick surfaces, so, we
went with carpet (dark color) and so far we are very pleased.

Like Anita said, winters are relatively mild (you will need sweaters and
a good thick coat) but when we get snow/ice everything does shut down
because no matter what you do, you just can't drive on ice.  Power will
go out because the trees ice over and fall on the power lines.  Good to
have a backup generator to power your fridge, etc. because there are
times the power could be out for 5 days or so.  We run our house off a
propane tank and we have a heater in our home that runs off propane, as
well as a gas stove and water heater so if our power does go out, we can
still heat the house, cook and shower.

Best wishes for your move.