[Dailydrool] Huge bump on mid tail

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Fri Jul 4 06:01:40 PDT 2014

Out of nowhere came this huge bump on Browser's tail yesterday.  It was
inflamed, as if he had chewed it during the night.  We rushed him to the
vet who tried to take a preliminary biopsy but there was too much gunk to
perform it accurately.  He is now on antibiotics and tomorrow morning we
will go to our own vet (who was not in yesterday) and have a real biopsy
taken.  The other vet wanted to perform a biopsy under general and as
Browser just turned 11, we did not want that.  They seem too quick to do
everything under general there.

Our own vet, has performed biopsies on Browser before with laser and no
general.  This bump may have been small and buried in his fur but how it
got to such a huge size overnight has us so worried.

Anyone else had this experience?

Sally Russell